In the ever-evolving landscape of private aviation, there arises different needs, as well as options that fulfill them. One does no longer need to own their own personal business jet to benefit from its advantages. Depending on your travel style, you can finally pick out an option which allows you to travel to your heart’s content while keeping your costs low.
Among these options, the jet card seems to be quickly gaining in popularity over the years, as it provides features and capacities that other avenues cannot. For one, jet cards operate by providing the customer with flight hours which can either be dependent on the aircraft or how much of a deposit you make, without the hassle or expense that comes with owning a fleet. For another, you can maintain some control over your schedules and the quality of aircraft you get from the service, as you have the chance to know the plane in the fleet beforehand.
That said, we’ll be looking into the jet card services of various companies offering jet card services and evaluate how each fare, according to the following aspects:
- Type offered. As mentioned beforehand, jet cards usually come in two kinds: aircraft-dependent and deposit-dependent. Some providers offer both. That said, this aspect is something you might want to look into if you’re more concerned about the aircraft you’ll be flying in or just the amount you’ll need to pay for a certain number of flight hours.
- Price inclusions. It’s hard to make comparisons without talking about how much a membership costs. More than knowing the price, however, is what the price includes—whether it covers necessary expenses or if it contains any unneeded inclusions. This is especially crucial if you’re flying on a budget.
- Services included. Finally, when purchasing a jet card, you want to make sure you’re getting a bang for your buck, especially when it comes to the services and amenities. Here, we detail what each program includes so you can see if they’re up to par with your traveling style.
To start off the series, we’ll be looking into Star Jets International, which has been steadily garnering revenue and popularity in the industry.
Star Jets International’s program is a little bit of both, offering two memberships—Gold and Platinum—that gives customers a range of hourly rates per aircraft that they can choose from.
The website notes that the main difference between the two programs is the aircraft used:
- Gold Card holders have access to aircraft with a maximum age of twenty-five years and are given rates at a lower price.
- Platinum Card holders, on the other hand, are entitled to newer aircraft with an average age of five years and are no older than fifteen years.
All this considered, this arrangement has enough flexibility to cater to either need, so whether you’re more interested in the aircraft to be utilized or if you just need to know how much to deposit, Star Jets offers an alternative that can satiate either desire.
For the most part, Star Jets International offers prices quite well within the standard range. The site lists the rates per membership as follows:
- Light Jet: $4,800.00
- Mid-size: $6,500.00
- Super Mid-size: $8,990.00
- Large Cabin: $11,300.00
- Light Jet: $3,750.00
- Mid-size: $5,200.00
- Super Mid-size: $7,200.00
- Large Cabin: $9,000.00
- Light Jet: $5,300.00
- Mid-size: $7,050.00
- Super Mid-size: $9,950.00
- Large Cabin: $13,750.00
- Light Jet: $4,200.00
- Mid-size: $5,600.00
- Super Mid-size: $7,950.00
- Large Cabin: $11,100.00
(*Note: Star Jets International also includes Ultra Long Range aircraft in their collection. However, you’ll need to contact them for the rates.)
In itself, the prices are quite reasonable, seeing as they cost less than a typical chartered flight, particularly when it comes to the discounted roundtrip rates. Their website also notes that you can also easily avail of free upgrades on selected itineraries, which can further enhance your flight experience. Aside from this, the site notes the following costs are already included in the hourly rates:
- Landing fee
- Ramp fee
- FET tax
- Passenger segment fee
- Standard catering
If you find that you’ll be flying somewhere with inclement weather or ice, however, you might need to pay extra since the price is exclusive of de-icing and hangar fees.
While the site doesn’t extensively list down all the amenities and services Star Jets International’s jet card program has to offer, but it does detail some of the program’s perks:
- You can schedule multiple aircraft at the same time, as long as you have enough credit in your card. This ability can be especially helpful for business or if you need to transport a lot of people on different schedules.
- You can also withdraw funds anytime, which can be particularly helpful if you’ve got unused funds.
- Star Jets International also caters to three service areas around the world, including Europe, North America, and the Carribean.
- Customer service is 24/7, all year round.
- You can also bring in your pets, as long as you inform them beforehand.
All things considered, Star Jets International’s jet card program seems to hold up quite well as an alternative. With its flexibility, competitive rates, and dependable services, it’s a great place to start if you’re looking to try out jet cards for the first time. It might, however, be best to avail of this jet card if you’re traveling somewhere within the service stations and are sure of the fair weather.
Learn more about jet card services with us
With more jet card programs on the rise, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to look at each option as they come. After all, we believe the best choices are the most well-informed ones. That said, head on to our website and sign up with us now for more information.