At any one time, there are more than 9000 flights in the air carrying over one million people all over the world and the boom of the flight industry has meant that more and more people are choosing to fly every day.
While the vast majority of people choose to fly on commercial airlines, there is a growing market of private airlines that offer an exclusive and luxury experience by allowing individuals to hire their own private jet and therefore fly around the world in style.
To help you understand all the benefits and bonuses of flying private airlines we have provided a list of advantages, some fun facts, and finally, we answer the question how much does it cost to rent a private jet?
Advantages of flying on a private jet
- Private jets let you set your own schedule and save time-With a private jet, you can arrive at the airport of your choice just 15 minutes before departure at the private terminal which also means you can avoid those lengthy check-in and security queues.
- Private jets have fantastic airport access all over the world- Private jets have landing access to more than 5000 airports all over the world and so you do not have to worry about long transfers and complicated connections and you can also fly to airports which minimize the hassle and time it takes to get to your final destination.
- Private jets let you fly faster-A private charter flight will fly faster and higher than commercial airlines which helps them to avoid the busiest air traffic routes and so you can be confident you will reach your destination faster than any commercial airline could.
- Private jets provide premium comfort- When you fly private you no longer have to worry about fighting over the aisle seat as private jets come with spacious seating and luxurious interior design. Many private jets also have seating that can be laid flat into comfortable bedding as well so you do not have to stress about those long haul worries anymore.
- Private flights give you a space to let your work go further-With spacious cabins, rotatable chairs, and table space as well as fantastic Wi-Fi connections you can work while you fly and use that transit time to finish that last-minute work project.
- Private Jets provide a plethora of choice-When you fly private you can design the perfect flight for you. Want to order your favorite restaurant meal? Then get it delivered takeaway before liftoff and enjoy as you cruise at 30 000 feet! When you fly private the perfect flight is a reality.
- Private jets mean you can bring your favorite pet-Travelling for a long time without your favorite pet can be heartbreaking and expensive with the cost of pet sitters, but by flying private you can bring your furry friend in the cabin with you!
- Private jets give you more choice with your bags-While there are some weight restrictions, flying private doesn’t come with the hassle of added baggage fees and you get a far wider range of choices on what you can bring with you. So, if you are traveling for a while bring everything you could need and more by flying private.
- Private Jets can be cheaper than commercial business class tickets-Booking a private jet at the right time means you can sometimes find charter flights that are cheaper than a commercial airline business class ticket and so you get all the comfort of a private flight at half the cost.
- Private jet experiences are luxurious from start to finish-When you fly private you can make use of the private departure lounge which provides a comfortable start to your journey and after your flight, you can step right into a vehicle on the tarmac and depart, so flying private means you get a smooth journey the whole way.
Private jets provide a comfortable, quick, and easy flying experience throughout the whole process, and by choosing a private jet rental you put the flexibility of flying into your hands while also being guaranteed a once-in-a-lifetime journey.
Our favorite facts about private jets
- Over 20 000 private jets are operating globally currently and the vast majority work as part of private jet charter companies.
- The most popular model for private jets in the United States is the Cessna Citation Excel and in 2012 this medium-sized private jet took off on over 140 000 flights.
- The world’s most expensive private jet is an Airbus A380 owned by Saudi Arabian businessman Alwaleed bin Talal Al-Saud and has an estimated cost of over $500 million. It includes a variety of special features like a two-car garage, a board room as well as a prayer room with electric mats that rotate to always face Mecca.
- A host of celebrity figures own private jets including Oprah Winfrey, Jackie Chan, and Jay-Z while some of the more adventurous celebs like Tom Cruise and John Travolta even fly their own private jets.
- Many of the fixtures on Donald Trump’s private plane are coated in 24 karat gold, including the seat belt covers, light switch covers, and plug sockets.
What are the costs of a private jet rental?
A variety of factors influence the cost of a private jet rental including:
- The type and size of aircraft you rent.
- The length of the trip you are taking in time and distance.
- The cost of specific airports landing fees and staff costs.
- The time between flights.
While these factors do affect the average cost for a private jet rental, they are normally priced at a cost of per flight hour and the range of cost varies on the type of aircraft used.
Average private jet rental costs by plane size
To help you understand the cost to rent a private jet we have provided some of the average costs per flight hour for some of the most popular private jet types!
- Ultra-Light 4-Seater Private Jets- $2400 per flight hour.
- Light 6-Seater Private Jets-$2800 per flight hour.
- Super Light 8-Seater Private Jets-$3500 per flight hour.
- Midsize 9-Seater Private Jets-$4000 per flight hour.
- Super Midsize 10-Seater Private Jets-$5000 per flight hour.
- Large 16-Seater Private Jets-$7000 per flight hour.
- Ultra-Long Range 16-Seater Private Jets-$9000 per flight hour.
- VIP Ultra Large 50-Seater Private Jets- $18000 per flight hour.
These prices are averages and costs will vary based on flying time, distance covered, crew costs, and airport landing fees. You may also want to check out Jettly’s instant online private jet charter cost estimator tool!
So how much does it cost to rent a private jet?
While a range of factors does affect the cost of private jet rental you can use a time, speed, and distance calculation to figure out the average flight cost of a private jet rental.
As an example, a 2-way flight on a super light 8-seater private jet from Minneapolis to Phoenix that has a 6-hour total flight time will cost around $25 000 for a return trip once you factor in the airport landing and personal fees.
Here’s another article on private jet charter costs.
Renting a private jet for less
Taking advantage of an empty leg flight is a great way to rent a private jet at lower costs.
An empty leg flight is any flight that is scheduled to fly without any passengers and these flights operate when an aircraft needs to reposition or return for a later charter flight and can usually be booked on the day.
Flying on an empty leg flight can save you up to 40% on a private jet rental and is a great way to rent a private jet at a lower cost to you.
Renting a private jet is a fantastic way to enjoy a luxurious airline experience and takes all the hassle out of the modern-day flight industry system.
When you rent a private jet, you are guaranteed one of the best flights of your life from start to finish and you know that you will be landing happier than you ever have before. To get the most up-to-date pricing on private jet rentals please submit your flight request here.