Concord Private Jet® is a private aviation company with an interesting backstory. Being a family endeavor, Concord started with a relatively small team, consisting of founder Neal Impellizzeri, his wife, and son. From there, it grew to a staff of around less than 10 employees. But while it is a relatively small company size for the industry, it’s nonetheless been able to hold its own over its years of existence.
It’s also interesting to note that before starting Concord, Impellizzeri’s industry path had been markedly different—for over 50 years, his family had been working in the television and appliance industry. But far from being a setback, it’s his years of work in the area that’s helped shaped the core of what Concord looks to provide: customer service. And with Impellizzeri’s experience in handling high-profile clients such as Smith Barney, one can be sure that the bar for service quality is set quite high.
Indeed, Concord’s story and foundations are a testament to the triumph of small, family-owned private aviation businesses, despite how underrepresented they may seem. Excellent service, after all, is something that doesn’t depend on the brand it’s attached to, or how large a company is. It’s about where its priorities lie, and the ingenuity of those who run it.
Concord Private Jet’s services are mostly private jet charter service and jet card, so for today’s review, we take a more in-depth look into the latter. As usual, we’ll evaluate it on the following aspects:
- Type offered. Jet cards usually come in two kinds: aircraft-dependent and deposit-dependent. Some providers offer both. That said, this aspect is something you might want to look into if you’re more concerned about the aircraft you’ll be flying in or just the amount you’ll need to pay for a certain number of flight hours.
- Price inclusions. It’s hard to make comparisons without talking about how much membership costs. More than knowing the price, however, is what the price includes—whether it covers necessary expenses or if it contains any unneeded inclusions. This is especially crucial if you’re flying on a budget.
- Services included. Finally, when purchasing a jet card, you want to make sure you’re getting a bang for your buck, especially when it comes to the services and amenities. Here, we detail what each program includes so you can see if they’re up to par with your traveling style.
Concord’s jet card, like a good portion of those we reviewed, leans more on the aircraft-dependent type, with its various card offerings based on the type of aircraft. As of now, the company has four:
- Light Jet
- Super Mid-size
- Heavy Jet
Aside from this, the jet card program also is categorized per hours needed, starting at 10 hours. Other options include the standard 25 hours and 50 hours.
Concord Private Jet prides itself in providing an “all-inclusive” jet card that does not charge extra beyond the hours flown. And being a family-owned business puts it at a good position to ensure the best price for its potential clients. As such, the hourly one-way rate per card is as follows:
- Light Jet: $4,300.00/hr
- Mid-size: $5,400.00/hr
- Super Mid-size: $7,950.00/hr
- Heavy Jet: $9,950.00/hr
As per usual, roundtrips get a 15% discount off the hourly rate when you take three nights or less. There are no fuel surcharges, but it does have a 25% peak day surcharge so you might need to give the company notice if you’ll be flying on those days.
Another advantage that Concord’s arrangement is that much of the assistance given is personal in nature, and often you get to correspond with the founder himself. As such, you can be assured that your flights will be well taken care of in all aspects. Aside from this, Concord’s website also lists the following benefits:
- Guaranteed availability
- No dead-head charges or repositioning fees
- No management fees
- No upgrading fees
- No blackout or expiration fees
Indeed, Concord Private Jet has a lot going on for it, with its unique position in the industry. Its personal service, in particular, could do well for those beginners who are still getting a hold of private aviation. And with its low prices, Concord is definitely one of the more affordable providers for younger jet-setters looking to dabble in the lifestyle.
Learn more about jet card services with us
With more jet card programs on the rise, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to look at each option as they come. After all, we believe the best choices are the most well-informed ones. That said, head on to our website and sign up with us now for more information.
Disclaimer: Jettly is in no way affiliated with Concord Private Jet. Concord Private Jet is a registered trademark of Concord Private Jet.