There’s no doubt that the private jet charter industry is absolutely huge. And, while there’s a ton of money to be made, there’s a lot to keep private jet charter owners busy. No matter how much work you delegate to others, most businesspeople have to check everything themselves. After all, you don’t find success by just relying on others, and it’s the owner who needs to take responsibility in the end! While a little stress is inevitable in such a profitable business, it’s extremely important for your health and wealth to stop yourself from stressing out too much. Here’s why:
1. It won’t change anything: Stress for stress’ sake never solves problems. Thinking calmly about how to approach a situation definitely helps.
2. It can be detrimental: Not only does stressing not solve anything, but it can actually make things worse! This might make you even more stressed, so give yourself permission to take a break.
3. Consider your health: Too much stress isn’t just bad for your business, it’s bad for your health! Stress, overthinking, and anxiety can cause a wide range of physical and mental issues ranging from panic attacks to elevated blood pressure. Don’t lose sight of what’s important in life.
4. You won’t be able to think straight: When we get stressed, our primitive fight or flight instincts kick in. That’s not the state of mind you want when making important business decisions.
5. You’re less likely to be able to find possible solutions: The obvious implication of not being able to think straight is missing possible solutions. A calm and collected mind can better analyze complex situations.
6. You lose your sense of humor: Stress can take your sense of humor away, and in any business where you deal with people, having one is essential.
7. Your customers won’t understand: Some customers may not understand why you’re stressed and assume it’s because of them, leaving them with a negative impression of your business. People talk, and that could end up harming your reputation.
8. A smile goes a long way: Smiling can be hard if you’re stressed, but it’s so important! A smile makes you and your brand look better, and it’ll make you feel a lot better. Just like seeming stressed can harm your reputation, smiling can easily boost it.
9. You might reach for the bottle: Stress can be a trigger for unhealthy drinking for many, which has many side effects of its own.
10. Or maybe even something worse: Stressed out people need a vice, be it alcohol or something more detrimental.
11. You might be creating a hostile environment: Stress creates a hostile working environment, which in turn creates even more stress!
12. You’re going to worry your employees: A hostile environment created by your stress is going to stress them out too, potentially harming their health. In the end, you have a responsibility to look after them.
13. You’ll start a stress chain reaction: When your employees are stressed, it’ll show, and have a negative reaction on their families, friends, loved ones, and your business. Your stress is bigger than just you, and it’s just not worth it.
14. Working under pressure reduces efficiency: Happy employees generally work harder than miserable ones. If they’re doing a poor job because of your stress, it’s only going to stress you out even more.
15. You’ll make rash decisions: Again, once our fight-or-flight instincts kick in we can make some pretty hasty and regrettable decisions!
16. You might lose good employees: Whether you end up sacking them out of frustration, or they quit because of the hostile environment, if you want to keep good employees, you’ve got to treat them with respect and handle stress well.
17. You might get paranoid: It’s easy to get paranoid when we’re stressed, especially in a highly profitable industry like this.
18. The business needs a steady pair of hands: The business needs steady hands to guide it, which just isn’t possible if you’re shaking with stress.
19. The business cannot afford for you to break down: If you break down, it’s obviously a personal tragedy, but it’s also bad for your business and everyone you employ.
20. Issues are always going to creep up: No matter how much you do, in a business as large as a private jet charter, issues are always inevitable and it is better to find solutions calmly than to stress about them.
Yes, some stress is essential for success, but what’s the point if you can’t take a break to smell the roses every now and then?